We all know that SuperDopeKarmen is a real person, living a real life, in the real world. As such, I tend to “keep it 100”, as the kids say. That said, some of us don’t go home on the weekends. We meet people. We have (safe) fun with people. And we’ll surely need our beauty stuff come the morrow. Now this isn’t to say that we’re sexually promiscuous, looking for love in the club. Hell, sometimes it’s safer to crash at a friend’s house to avoid those pesky high-speed APD chases down 85. But that’s a story for another day. Here’s what you should keep in your hoe bag.
1. Overnight Bag– As the queen of fancy thrifting, I advise you to head on down to the Goodwill and cop a sweet satchel for the low. That is all.
2. Makeup– Tinted moisturizer, eye liner, and a dark lippie.
These should be inexpensive versions of your favorite beauty products. You wouldn’t want to misplace your Bobbi Brown brow definer but you’ll be just fine if you lose a Mary Kay eye pencil. The Laura Mercier Secret finish cream is another great investment for refreshing your makeup on the go. Alternately, Bobbi Brown aims to be your one stop shop for hoe bag makeup essentials with the Party Essentials collection. Now, the purpose of the dark lip is to give the impression that you thought about your life before the “walk of shame” became your fate. You’ll surprise yourself with the scant amount of other products you’ll need to fake total awesomeness while wearing a bold lip. This is one of the rare cases where a little goes a long way. Trust me, I’ve been there.
3. Threads – Maxi dress, cardigan/tunic, leggings (duh)
The most important thing on the ride home from your weekend (weekday if you’re a true gangsta) shenanigans is comfort. Choose fabrics fitting for the season in prints and colors. This way you’ll feel as if you actually got dressed. Thus detracting your thoughts from whatever bad decisions that you may have made the previous evening. The same goes for your shoe. Choose a comfortable, yet stylish bootie or flat to complete your impromptu look.
4. Hygiene – You get the picture. The travel packs that we get at hotels and see at the end of the lotion aisle in Target come in handy here. Finally. Keep deodorant, body spray, toothpaste and toothbrush, q-tips (cotton swabs) and wet wipes of some sort. These items, although not all shown here, will be useful when removing the black liner and/or mascara crusted around your eye holes.
5. Bible – Well, you can explain this one to yourself.
Questions on how to pack a hoe bag? Hit me on IG @SuperDopeKarmen 🙂